harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: timeframe for mid-level decissions
Date Thu, 19 May 2005 08:18:08 GMT
Hi Jakob!

On 18-05-2005 22:29, "Jakob Praher" <jpraher@yahoo.de> wrote:
> When do you want the first Harmony J2SE alpha snapshots to reach the masses?

"when they're ready"

> But to be clear - the message from my side: fix decision deadlines and
> stick to them. build something, ship it early. This is the only way to make
> *) testers/developers aware
> *) gain ground in the VM cake

Seriously, that works well when you can actually do resource planning. In
volunteer efforts like this, we don't know what resources we have (esp. Not
the human resources, ie developer hours to spend) so we can't have a
deadline.

Do you know any open source project friendly to volunteer participation that
is able to fix then keep any kind of deadline? We don't do that at apache,
it causes stress :)

Cheers!

Leo