harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Brooks" <jmb_perso...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [arch] VM Candidate : JikesRVM http://jikesrvm.sourceforge.net/
Date Sat, 21 May 2005 01:51:08 GMT
>My point was that instead of attempting to disenfranchise one or the other
>camp of its notions, allow two parallel veins of investigation according
>each his own inclination.

Investigation is fine enough, but let's face facts.  This is a HUGE project.

We do NOT have the time or manpower to write two VMs as part of a project
where we need a working J2SE 5 implementation, from basement to TV aerial so
to speak, and we need it in time to be relevant.  Even with donated code, it
won't work to do VMs in parallel.