harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Brooks" <jmb_perso...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Against using Java to implement Java (Was: Java)
Date Fri, 13 May 2005 18:18:01 GMT
>It doesn't matter where the problem lies, the point is that I can't develop
>on the platforms I need/want to develop on.

My reply wasn't intended to be dismissive.  I'm short on details.  What
platforms are you referring to?  Even a slow base VM can be an adequate
bootstrap VM to create the initial Harmony install, and thereafter you use
Harmony.

I suppose that for porting issues, a C-based bootstrap VM for platforms that
don't have an existing VM could be used, but I think that would be more of a
future project.  For now, I suspect that the primary target platforms for
Harmony are those currently supported by Sun, primarily *nix and Windows,
although I think we should definitely expand to include OS X, if that is
possible.

Again, the project leads can probably say more about what the plan is there.