harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Harmony / GNU Classpath
Date Sun, 15 May 2005 16:06:41 GMT

On May 11, 2005, at 9:37 AM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Dear Board and Incubator PMC,
>
> Please read the Proposal[1] and the FAQ[2] for Apache Harmony. We'd
> like to use GNU Classpath (pure java) for the class libraries.

I read this thread and am going to personally punt for now.

I think that we can - for now - work with GNE Classpath through a
well-defined interface, and let users just go download both.

Our intention here is to *not* get hung up on the license issues, but
focus on the technology.  We have "miles to go before we sleep" -
before this becomes an issue - so lets keep working on this, but in
parallel.

geir

geirm@apache.org