harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Stephan Michels <stephan.mich...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 08:24:54 GMT
On 5/12/05, 王在祥 <wangzaixiang@gmail.com> wrote:
> First of all, you need to think that Implements JVM using Java is not only a
> possible idea, but also a proved technology. there is 2 project i known who
> does this: IBM Jikes RVM and jode, both are open source and can be googled.

I agree completely. This could be a great idea, since there would even more
eyes, which look into the source code. The GCJ can also be used to create
a native executeable. There shouldn't be a license/legal problem to depend
on the GCJ in this way.

A JIT written in Java... what a wonderful idea!

That a java implementation could be faster than a C/C++ implementation shows
the eclipse java compiler for example.

Stephan Michels.