harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Harmony / GNU Classpath
Date Sun, 15 May 2005 16:03:55 GMT

On May 12, 2005, at 12:11 PM, Mladen Turk wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>>> If the entire code base is not inside Apache CVS/SVN then how this
>>> qualify for a project after all?
>>>
>> Then we need to kick out *a lot* of our top level projects.
>>

> Can you give an example?
> I always thought that ASF projects are independent from third-party.
> At least the board has been advertising that for ages :),
> and each ASF hosted project needs to comply to that basic rule.

Huh?  This is so incorrect, it's not even wrong....

At least in the Java projects, we use *tons* of third-party code for
our functionality.

While certainly not the initiator, Apache Geronimo is the poster
child of this, getting core functionality for it's J2EE mission from
outside projects such as OpenEJB, ActiveMQ, MX4J, Jetty, etc...

geir

geirm@apache.org