harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Rodrigo Kumpera <kump...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [arch] The Third Way : C/C++ and Java and lets go forward
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 22:46:09 GMT
Not true. A java-in-java JVM donĀ“t need any C code. Making syscalls is as
hard as calling a C function (from the assembly point of view), so providing
a wrapper for ether native functions or system calls is not that big deal.
But, well, it would be a lot more profitable to leverage APR to do a lof of
this dirty work.
But no java-in-java JVM can escape from having a C interface, at least for
JNI.
 Rodrigo