harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Rodrigo Kumpera <kump...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [arch] The Third Way : C/C++ and Java and lets go forward
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 17:32:50 GMT
I still think a java-in-java solution is the way to go. All components can
be tested from a JVM until it can hosts itself. The only reason for using
C/C++ is with a vm as seed.
 If the objective is to write a high performance JVM, having a vm with an
interpreter doesn't help much.
 Starting with java, it's more propable that we can have a nice
non-optimizing JIT and runtime by the same time the C/C++ effort have a
working baseline compiler.
 jikesRVM cannot be licensed under the ASL, but what about MMtk?
 Rodrigo