harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Rodrigo Kumpera <kump...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stop this framework/modularity madness!
Date Tue, 17 May 2005 18:28:23 GMT
Maybe this pluggable layer that is not well defined. I think that having
this as a link time thing is more than enouth. It doesn´t mean that only one
GC algorithm or JITer will be available at runtime, but all the options
should be defined when building the JVM.
 Refactoring a system to have a framework emerge is a lot easier, productive
and produce less cluter. Lets not make generic what doesn't need to be.
 But a better argument is close inspection of this list archive. Seens like
nobody trully knows how to proper layer a JVM for good modularity. The
JikesRVM folks are refactoring to make this possible on their JVM, but right
now they can't really say how it will look when finished.