harmony-dev mailing list archives

From David Griffiths <david.griffi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Third Way - implement the JVM in a new C/Java hybrid
Date Fri, 13 May 2005 13:25:28 GMT
I thought GCJ was a static compilation system? What I was thinking of
was fully dynamic JIT-style compilation. A lot of the problems with
using C as the implementation language stem from it's statically
compiled nature. Not to mention the craziness of having
platform-specific code generation and optimisation duplicated in both
the C compiler and the Java JIT. (Which admittedly GCJ avoids).

Cheers,

Dave