harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Ricky Clarkson <ricky.clark...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cannot leave out deprecated methods, period (was: Re: Java)
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 17:38:43 GMT
Anyway, as I have discovered by overriding deprecated methods from the
API, and experiencing the associated bugs, Sun calls its own
deprecated code, so it's not *that* deprecated. ;)

Some apps rely on deprecated code.  In fact, most Swing apps probably
do, seeing as JDialog.show() is now deprecated (well, Dialog.show(),
which is inherited).