harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Danese Cooper <dan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Gosling on Harmony
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 04:33:23 GMT
Much as I admire James, I have to say that the responses from
enterprise developers of which he presumably speaks were carefully
choreographed by the organizers of JavaONE (who are of course Sun
employees).  Its the old story...you can't ask a question without
influencing the answer.  When Sun asks they often hear what they want
to hear.  When Tim O'Reilly asked the same question a month later at
OSCON he got the opposite answer (of course).  I spent 6 years at Sun
asking the question every chance I got and probably because of who I
am I heard clear support for a *compatible* open J2SE...which is what
Harmony is trying to be (and why I'm a supporter) :-)...

In my experience, James is a fair-minded guy and I believe that a
strong, ethical and hard-working Harmony community is bound to
impress him over time.

Danese (still speaking on my own and neither on behalf of my former
nor my current employer)