harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Questions about the Classpath license exception
Date Mon, 16 May 2005 15:25:51 GMT

On May 14, 2005, at 7:39 PM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Leo
> We can use the con call next week as the forum.

Yes please - we have an ongoing conversation with the FSF on
licensing issues, and we can just add this to the list.

> Folks,
> Just to summarize *Ideally* what we would like, here's a list:
>
> - We don't want to modify any classpath code. If we need changes, we
> can work with classpath folks.

Yes.  Or "We will not modify classpath code here..."

(And I'll add that any donation I solicit will be of the sort that
GNU Classpath could use it if they so chose.)

> - We don't want to add classpath sources to our tree. this will avoid
> local changes.

"We will not add classpath code... " :)

> - We want to add classpath jar snapshots to our CVS/SVN (preferable).

I don't.  I'd rather stay away from that and just use maven snapshots
for now.  Keeps us away from more license issues, and gets rid of the
a) maintenance overhead and b) size of update when going over slow
pipes.

> - We want to add classpath jar to our installer to distribute a
> working JVM/JRE in a single download.

We will certainly need to add the class library jar, and I'm not
trying to make anyone angry here, but it's *way* too early to know
what that will be.

> - We want to enable a commercial product to be able to sublicense the
> complete JVM/JRE.

Yes

geir

geirm@apache.org