harmony-dev mailing list archives

From 王在祥 <wangzaixi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 01:41:28 GMT
Just think a micro kernel OS, most services is implemented as a standalone
process, not in the kernel itself.

Also, I think the JVM can only provide such a micro kernel, and defines the
interfaces and specification, and we may implements a new GC using Java, a
new JIT using Java, a new Memory using Java and etc.

Since all the code runs in a union memory address, there will be less cost
on communitions than OS level messages.

I dont think the speed of Harmony will bet Hotspot in 1 years, But i hope it
will bet Hotspot after 1 or 2 years, So i dont think using Java to
implements it, and using a micro kernel architecture will be a problem.