harmony-dev mailing list archives

From 王在祥 <wangzaixi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I hope the JVM implements most using Java itself
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 06:49:31 GMT
Sure. So I think the new JVM should provide more good memory control than
Hotspot. I think the escape analysis would help this.

So:
1. allocate object is mostly as quick as stack object.
2. most object will be gabage and throw away as quickly and takes no more GC
cost.

In this case, we may inprove the memory control and makes the JVM more
effective on GC.

:) it looks the Hotspot team dont believe escape analysis would help GC on
the forums.java.net <http://forums.java.net> discussion.