harmony-dev mailing list archives

From 王在祥 <wangzaixi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 05:31:21 GMT
It may be true that Compilers in C/C++ is more than in Java, but it don't
means it is better. The Jikes RVM has proven that it can be done, and also
we can improve the java based JVM as the best JVM, both for architecture and
for performance. I think that is possible. So Why not choice it?

The current JikesRVM cant bootstrap from a free JVM, because all free JVM
now is still not Java Compatiable, including the Jikes RVM itself. But It
looks Harmony aims to be a full compatible JVM implementation, It can
bootstrap from itself.

And more, I don't think even the bootstrap code should be writen in Java,
since we still need to support the native world, so I would like Harmony
mostly implements using java, and using C/C++ only on need