harmony-dev mailing list archives

From 王在祥 <wangzaixi...@gmail.com>
Subject I hope the JVM implements most using Java itself
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 02:00:01 GMT
Hotspot is coded in C/C++, but I hope Harmony to choice Java as its major
language. there is the reasons:

1. Implement a JVM using Java is possible and effecitive enough, like the
JikesRVM, jode etc.
2. Java code has good feature for maintaince and reabability than C/C++, and
it will enable more Java fans to understand and contribute to the project.
3. a full compatible JVM implemented using Java is an exciting news for the
java world
4. Since there is already hotspot that works well, Harmony should focus
mostly on new technology and more good architecture, not the times to
complete the project.
5. A Java JVM will improve the Java/JVM technology such as GC, synchronize
and etc, to enable the JVM as fast as possible.

wangzx