harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Heath <steve.he...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sun lashes out at open source J2SE
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 10:57:57 GMT
Isn't the message here: Gosling misunderstands the point of Harmony?
Anyone reading to the bottom of the article will be put right.

Just a quick question tho'. The article mentions portability and
distribution licensing. Isn't another part of the point that an OSS
virtual machine (with the backing of a big foundation like apache)
will be able to take advantage of the 'many eyes' principle, for bug
reports/fixes and performance enhancements?