harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Heath <steve.he...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Third Way - implement the JVM in a new C/Java hybrid
Date Fri, 13 May 2005 13:52:34 GMT
I hadn't thought that to write a JIT compiler you're writing a native
compiler for Java anyway, so you might as well use this to create your
VM, obvious really!

There's a certain beauty to creating the VM in the language it is
there to interpret.

It does suggest we want to write the JIT first, then use this as our
compiler for generating the VM..?