harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Developing Harmony
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 13:36:34 GMT

On May 18, 2005, at 9:08 AM, Mark Brooks wrote:

>> But I guess the language will just depend on who donates a JVM.
>>
>> - Jónas Tryggvi
>>

> Since somebody(s) are in conversation with FSF about Classpath, has
> anyone started a conversation with IBM research about Jikes RVM?
> Just a prelimininary sort of "if we were interested what would be
> involved" sort of thing.

yes

> I think Geir has said that we are looking at jcvm as well since a
> list member has offered to donate it and place it under the apache
> license.

Well, (man, I just can't get away from licenses...) I think that we
might want to look at a few and discuss the differences, and then
decide if someone wishes to contribute, and what license issues have
to be dealt with.

If anyone has other candidates, lets hear about them.  I myself are
looking for "small" ones so I can get up to speed easier...

geir

geirm@apache.org