harmony-dev mailing list archives

From FaeLLe <mrbillcollec...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: intro & questions
Date Mon, 16 May 2005 18:35:15 GMT
On 5/16/05, Simon Cooper <thecoop@runbox.com> wrote:

> Hi, im a fairly new programmer (computer science student at Cambridge UK)
> and am looking to get started on oss/java project and thought this would be
> a nice place to start. I'll be mainly hanging around in the background,
> maybe doing a few of the class libraries, docs, etc.
>
> questions -
> How 'integrated' will this be with Classpath? How many of the class
> libraries will be Harmonys, or are we going to use all the Classpath
> libraries and none of our own?

Details are still being worked out...

Don't other non-company jvm's exist (blackdown?), or is this the only oss
> one?

There are others but all are scattered around this is a *harmonizing* effort
to bring the community together

How important will efficiency/speed be in the jvm? Java is naturally a so-so
> language for efficiency, will that be a major goal to improve?

That will be one of them ;)

--
www.FaeLLe.com <http://www.FaeLLe.com>