harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Blackburn <Steve.Blackb...@anu.edu.au>
Subject Tutorials
Date Sat, 28 May 2005 06:01:35 GMT
I was reminded of the existence of the following tutorials.  There is an
treasure trove of really valuable information here.  I invite people to
take a look.

There is also an MMTk tutorial there, but it is out of date and frankly
(as an author ;-) not as good as the ones listed below.  The first of
the tutorials listed below is the most recent, is not Jikes RVM
specific, and is perhaps the place to start.

--Steve

Dynamic Compilation and Adaptive Optimization in Virtual Machines
http://jikesrvm.sourceforge.net/info/presentations.shtml#pldi04

The Design and Implementation of the Jikes RVM Optmizing Compiler
http://jikesrvm.sourceforge.net/info/presentations.shtml#oopsla02

The Design and Implementation of the JalapeƱo Research VM for Java
http://jikesrvm.sourceforge.net/info/presentations.shtml#pact01