harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Blackburn <Steve.Blackb...@anu.edu.au>
Subject Re: Work items
Date Sat, 28 May 2005 04:33:24 GMT
Tom Tromey wrote:

>Don't forget hacking on Classpath :-)

Gosh no!!  ;-)  Obviously that should very much be on the work list.

I suspect that for the work items at peer projects (classpath, mmtk,
gcj, jikesrvm etc), that when possible the worklist just provide links
to work items maintained by the associated project.  Dave Grove has
started constructing a list for the opt compiler, so once that's
available we can remove the jikes rvm items and replace them with a link
to the jikes rvm list.

>Steve> . bytecode optimization [reserach]
>
>Something interesting sort of related to this area is "vmgen".  This
>seems like a nice way to build interpreters.

Thanks for pointing that out!

This is actually the same work as the first item on the list I sent out
(prototype backend generator), only I was unaware of vmgen (Anton
Ertl).  I only knew about the paper with Gregg.  vmgen appears to be
GPLed.  It looks interesting.

http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/anton/vmgen/
http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/anton/
http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/projects/backends.html