harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Dalibor Topic <robi...@kaffe.org>
Subject Re: Terminology etc
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 11:52:43 GMT
Rodrigo Kumpera wrote:
> There isn't much space for plugability of components beyond compile-link
> time. And I see no reason to have it otherwise.

That depends on what you do, and what the VM can do. If, for example,
the VM supports isolation, and running an application shows that it
performs below expectations with garbage collector implementation A,
that VM may want to try a different garbage collector implementation
upon the next invocation (on a different node, for example), without
interfering with the garbage collection used by the other running
applications.

cheers,
dalibor topic