harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Sabiguero Yawelak <asabi...@fing.edu.uy>
Subject Re: Other interesting papers and research
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 08:06:20 GMT
Other interesting things that can be achieved are some sorts of high
performance "tunning" aspects, which are very interesting, and using gcc
power might be more interesting than redoing it from scratch, either, at
the begining of current project, or maybe forever.
An adequate "bundle" of gcc and harmony might produce a JIT/WAT
java/bytecode compilation. Moreover, the compilation parameters might be
"tuneable" by the JVM administrator and choose between compilation
speed, compilation performance, memory footprint, etc.
Appart from code-reusing, there is also an adequate sort of abstraction
that is good here. and concentrating on this, we avoid discussing
machine level details as we all agree that GCC is portable, performant
and adequate.
Summing up, I support the idea of a java/bytecode to C compiler that can
be bundled with gcc. As stated we would gain portability and we can use
all facilities provided by gcc.

Ariel