harmony-dev mailing list archives

From crispyalien <crispyal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [arch] VM Candidate : JikesRVM http://jikesrvm.sourceforge.net/
Date Fri, 20 May 2005 19:20:22 GMT
Hi, I just wanted to say that a free opensource VM with do a lot of
harmonyzation in Java world. This is more or les the missing pice. There
are some free java VMs but they will never be used in critical by the
companys to run there applications if it won't be backed-up by a big
(and well known for it's qality) company/fundation. I think Appache
fundation cand be that sponsor. I also believe that Harmony should only
be about VM+classpath. But I could also see the meaning in having a tool
development pack. This could be done by some other project. Maybe
Appache could take the lead here too but this is another story.

best regards,
  Valentin