harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Ozgur Akan <a...@aiqa.com>
Subject Re: [arch] VM Candidate : JikesRVM http://jikesrvm.sourceforge.net/
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 10:10:16 GMT
I don`t agree you Mladen;

If we are going to extend an existing JVM then we have to use the same
language with that JVM. When talking about Jikes our only option is to
use Java and I am not sure a JVM written with Java can be at production
quality. If Harmony will only be an experiment

Actually Jikes uses it`s own VM and has a part written in C. This makes
things a little bit different.

If we are talking about the architecture of Jikes, like how it
implemented GC etc., then yes it is not time to speak about performance.

Maybe I misunderstood Geir`s e-mail.

thanks,
Ozgur Akan