harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [arch] VM Candidate : JikesRVM http://jikesrvm.sourceforge.net/
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 07:30:07 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> On May 18, 2005, at 2:18 AM, Ozgur Akan wrote:
>
>> I think everyone shall read this first http://
>> jikesrvm.sourceforge.net/info/overview.shtml . If performance will
>> not be a problem then the product based on Jikes can be an
>> alternative to Sun`s JVM.
>

> Can we put the performance question to rest once and for all?

The rules of programming are transitory; only Tao is eternal.
Therefore you must contemplate Tao before you receive enlightenment.
But how will I know when I have received enlightenment? asked
the novice.
Your program will then run correctly, replied the master.

So I agree wit Geir, for an enlightenment, the first rule is to
run it correctly. Speaking on performance before a single line
of code in not Tao!

Regards,
Mladen.