harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Developing Harmony
Date Tue, 17 May 2005 20:49:31 GMT
Bryce Leo wrote:
> Now don't go too crazy for my suggesting this, but why not pascal? If
> we're considering C as it is this really isn't a terrible suggestion.
> I know it's fallen out of favor with most of you guys but it compiles
> quickly and supports a good number of operating systems and types of
> hardware, like arm and AMD64 (referencing Free Pascal that is). I'm
> betting that you guys won't like it but I think the option should be
> listed.
>
> Opinions?

Can we stop this language madness thing, please?

We are *NOT* going to be writing a JVM from scratch, we are open for
donations.

Currently we have two potential candidates:

  - jc (written in C)
  - jikes rvm (written in java)

if you own a JVM written in Pascal or C++ or Lisp or Smalltalk or OCML
or Perl or Oberon or Prolog or ADA or Eiffel or RPG/3 or COBOL or
whatever other programming language and you are willing to donate it and
license it under the Apache License, make your voice heard on the
language topic, if not, don't!

--
Stefano.