harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Jónas Tryggvi Jóhannsson <jona...@ru.is>
Subject Re: Developing Harmony
Date Tue, 17 May 2005 04:52:47 GMT

> Question to the floor: if it had to be one of C and C++, which would
> you prefer?

I can't think of a single reason why C should be preferred over C++.
C can simply be viewed as a subset of C++, and as Java users we all
appreciate object orientation and understand how it can be used to
simplify software and make it more readable. Writing C code in an object
oriented manner simply does not give the same level of abstraction C++
can provide.

I'm however very fond of the idea of writing the JVM in Java. I'm
beginning to look into the JikesRVM and I really like the idea,
especially as it is the language that everyone on this list is familiar
with. It would also maximize the quality of the tools that we will
provide, as we would be using them to develop our JVM.

- Jónas Tryggvi