harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Stop worrying about licenses!
Date Mon, 16 May 2005 21:01:13 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:

>Roughly 95% of the people on this list should from this point forward stop
>worrying about licensing issues for, oh, I dunno, the next 6 months.

+1 :)

> * the answer to most of your legal questions will be provided within a
> reasonable timeframe without you needing to actually ask those questions
> (we already know what those questions are, we don't have the answers yet,
> but we are working on it).

Is it worth listing on the wiki what the known licensing issues that are
being followed up? I'm thinking of the edge case of someone figuring out
something that may not have been considered and wanting it added to the
list. This page could also serve to state what you have above and we can
point any future questioners directly at that page to avoid the risk of
legal topics flaring up and drowning out other discussion.

Cheers,
Brett