harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Blackburn <Steve.Blackb...@anu.edu.au>
Subject Re: Java
Date Mon, 16 May 2005 01:56:00 GMT
The OS dependencies of the core harmony VM should be very minimal.  In
the case of Jikes RVM, there is a very thin layer of C code that
interfaces to the OS (signals, system calls, bootstrap).  OS ports are
fairly straightforward and very well contained within this interface.
Therefore I don't see OS portability as a concern for the core Harmony
VM.  Portability of the libraries is a bigger issue.