harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Harmony / GNU Classpath
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 18:57:01 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>

>>> If the entire code base is not inside Apache CVS/SVN then how this
>>> qualify for a project after all?
>>

>> Then we need to kick out *a lot* of our top level projects.
>>

> Can you give an example?

http://brutus.apache.org/gump/public/gump_xref/repo_module.html

look at how many projects ASF code depends on that are not part of apache.

> I always thought that ASF projects are independent from third-party.

oh, no, it's never been the case in the java world.

> At least the board has been advertising that for ages :),

when? how?

> and each ASF hosted project needs to comply to that basic rule.

yes, but lacking dependence on external project is not such a rule, it
would be a foolish to do so.

--
Stefano.