harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Class Library Modularity [Was Re: State of the World]
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 16:21:51 GMT
Humberto S. N. dos Anjos wrote:

>Just to add a little note: C# (I'm not sure about the other .NET languages)
>deals with this issue by adding a new access modifier, internal, that makes
>the class/method/field/property visible by all classes in the same assembly.
>Could this behavior be emulated using solely the manifest file?

Interesting fact to know. Thanks.

This behavior can be partially implemented with manifest metadata.
Without giving it much thought, I would say that it wouldn't be possible
for the smaller granularity items (e.g., method, field, property), only
for classes.

Check back with me in a couple weeks, because when I find the time, this
type of class hiding is something that I will have implemented in my
OSGi implementation...I just need to find the time to do it. :-)

-> richard