harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Harmony / GNU Classpath
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 15:41:57 GMT
Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Mladen,
>
> there's tons of work for just a JVM. so we will start with that. are u
> saying that for example Tomcat should not use *ANY* external jars?

You missed the point. JVM without class library is not J2SE. It is
only JVM. Is the intention to build a JVM or J2SE compatible project?

AFAICT, one of the goals is to pass the TCK's, so how can you do that
if you don't have a full control over the major part of the package?

Using the GNU Classpath or what ever *ANY* external library is just
a feature, not a part of the product itself (at least not an J2SE
compatible product).

> Yes, we can use APR to do the JVM.

Well, its up to the designers to decide what technology will be used.
I just think that APR is a great thing for that kind of project.

Regards,
Mladen.