harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Backward compatibility
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 00:03:50 GMT
Gerry Steele wrote:

> I'll be very interested in how this turns out.

Gerry,

if Harmony fails to write even a single line of code, but helps building
better social bridges and making a 'free and open certified JVM' a
reality, I won't consider it a failure.

Helping out doesn't mean rewriting in the sake of "my license is holier
than yours", both camps are rather pragmatic at licensing issues...
unfortunatley we have to deal with other people that are not so
pragmatic, or with scenarios/egos so big that can hardly be moved or
even routed around.

So, don't tell us in how many ways we can fail, we know all those
already (and more ;-)

Let's do one step at a time and don't look at how many steps there are
to make: the worst way to fail is not to try at all :-)

--
Stefano.