harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Lea ...@cs.oswego.edu>
Subject Re: Isolates support
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 11:45:44 GMT
Francisco Vega wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> planning the development of a new virtual machine at this moment, it
> could be interesting to provide support for isolations.

This is probably off-topic, but...

1. The second (and hopefully final) public review draft of JSR121
    will be available from http://jcp.org very soon.

2. If approved (it would go to vote sometime this summer), a reference
    implementation and TCK will probably be out before the end of year.

3. It is reasonable to expect that Isolates will be a mandatory
    part of J2SE as of 1.7 (J2SE7), but optional before then. Not
    making it in as mandatory for either 1.5 or 1.6 led to these
    hold-states until we decided to rework specs a bit
    to make isolates supportable as a non-core package.

-Doug