harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Wiki: VM page
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 06:38:18 GMT
Mostly from comments on #harmony irc channel and browsing their sites,
I've started a page to summarize all the JVMs that are being
mentioned. For completeness sake, I've included the major commercial
J2SE's.

http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/JVM_Feature_Comparison

I'm sure that I'm not alone on the list in being more interested in
the class library than JVM, and a page like this will help us keep up
with all of the VM discussions which naturally need to happen
first/early.

Along with the summary, I'd like to go further and try to describe the
major open players, so will try to keep updating as I understand the
special nature of each VM etc.

Anyone have a url for J9 by the way? A quick bit of googling didn't
get me there. Also, is there a different VM to J9 in the IBM JDK?

Hen