harmony-dev mailing list archives

From usman bashir <grip...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [arch] VM Candidate : JikesRVM http://jikesrvm.sourceforge.net/
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 11:15:17 GMT
Yeah! i was thinking over the same lines while reading last night the
impatients! and what the other communtities is looking towards us, they
surelly wana see us to get some thing innovative rather then just a wrapper
over the oldies, ( sorry guys its not just critic plz forgive me if some
minds) , so i think we should came out some thing that is innovative , we
dont lack the skills and as the time went on , we will have more active
participation of the people from the community.
 but there is another prospect as well , while keeping a design and other
issues aside we can also dig into the holes to get some thing out of it from
the current availaibities. (as we dont want to loose and discard what the
people already had done it) so the best possible scenario will be like this
 start now with some thing avialable and put the things in such a way that
as time went on , we can replace the modules with our own inventions ( ;) )
and this modulairty is what i m crying for now, we should not forget this as
for me i m looking it positively from harmony.
 so what u think going parrallel in both ways could help us , is not ?
 and yeah along wiht it many many ideas are coming and i will raise a point
as well (we should keep a list of these wishlist together and also allow the
guys to work over it ) and later on we can add those wishies into our final
releases.
 so for me i m not looking the first release i m also looking for the future
releases of harmony

--
Usman Bashir
Certified IBM XML Solution Developer