harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Harmony Wiki] Update of "RobGonzalez" by RobGonzalez
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 17:45:30 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Harmony Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by RobGonzalez:

New page:
I hacked on Kaffe for a while as part of my undergraduate thesis, which explored how modifications
to the JVM's classloader and bytecode verifier could allow for a more expressive source language
(specifically LOOJ, an extension of Java that adds parametric polymorphism as well as the
notions of ThisType, ThisClass, and exact types to Java).  The modifications would also allow
the JVM to be more easily targeted by a wider range or source language (e.g. ML cannot really
target the current JVM spec very well because of the constraints of the JVM's static type

I wrote most of a bytecode verifier for Kaffe--enough to test the modifications proposed in
my thesis--but never completed it (e.g. it was a little buggy and didn't adequately deal with
the asinine bytecode subroutine instruction, JSR).  TomTromey wrote a complete verifier for
GCJ that we were planning a merging into Kaffe as a replacement.

I currently work for IBM's Internet Technology Group in Cambridge and hope to hack on Harmony
as much as I'm able to on the side.

View raw message