harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Renaud BECHADE" <renaud.bech...@numerix.com>
Subject RE: Developing Harmony
Date Thu, 19 May 2005 06:57:51 GMT

>> Does this reflection mechanism include JIT-the-dynamically-emitted-
>> bytecode feature?
>
>These are two separate things, no?

[RB] Yes, but practically, if reflection means a 90% performance loss (gross
exaggeration, or may be not) I am not sure I would use such a VM for
production purpose (just imagine a dynamic AOP weaver such as JAC or some
friendly component system...). This is also critical for scripting languages
such as Jython.

Yours,

RB

GCJ has full reflection support.