harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "S. Meslin-Weber" <st...@tangency.co.uk>
Subject Re: Apache Harmony / GNU Classpath
Date Mon, 16 May 2005 12:50:07 GMT
Hi Geir,

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 06:47:40AM -0400, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> I have no intention of forking GNU Classpath.  Even if we wanted to,
> we couldn't because of the license.

Just to be clear on this point, the license for GNU Classpath is
GPL+Exception and does not prohibit forking.

I believe you are saying that "forking and relicensing under an Apache
license" isn't currently feasible. The forking block is merely a license
incompatibility in this context (and has a separate discussion).

I think that when referring to "the license" or "the licenses" we should
be more clear as to which licenses we mean otherwise we run the risk of
confusing those unfamiliar with current context.

Best Regards,

Steph

Stephane Meslin-Weber         Email: steph@tangency.co.uk
Software Engineer             Web: http://odonata.tangency.co.uk