harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Apache Harmony / GNU Classpath
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 15:58:43 GMT
--- Mladen Turk <mturk@apache.org> wrote:
> Davanum Srinivas wrote:
[SNIP]
> You missed the point. JVM without class library is
> not J2SE. It is
> only JVM. Is the intention to build a JVM or J2SE
> compatible project?
>
> AFAICT, one of the goals is to pass the TCK's, so
> how can you do that
> if you don't have a full control over the major part
> of the package?
>
> Using the GNU Classpath or what ever *ANY* external
> library is just
> a feature, not a part of the product itself (at
> least not an J2SE
> compatible product).

RE GNU Classpath: If licensing issues pan out (and I'm
honestly not sure what the issues _are_ based on my
"IANAL" interpretation of the much-discussed
"exception clause"), what's to stop Harmony developers
(gasp) contributing code directly to Classpath if
there are TCK issues?

-Matt

Yahoo! Mail Mobile
http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail