harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Karen Bennet <benne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Harmony goals and priorities
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 01:18:59 GMT

Bob, I share many of your thoughts on this topic and
thank the Apache team for getting this project
kickstarted.  There have been some of us who have been
attempting to get the commercial contribution path in
place, but todate, different licensing, code
integration problems, company strategic value-add
direction, etc have prevented that path.  I would like
to highlight one of Red Hat's goal in working with
this community project is to get a JRE deeply
integrated within Linux.  We also have another goal in
mind for this project and that integration with
SystemTap (Linux profiling project :
http://sourceware.org/systemtap) which enables
performance profiling through the JVM.

Looking forward to this project moving out of the
incubator stage.