harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Humberto S. N. dos Anjos" <h.an...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Class Library Modularity [Was Re: State of the World]
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 15:27:32 GMT
> > Woudln't it be great if this was addressed at the language level?
> > Something like declaring "friend" packages or something like that.
> > Then the public modifier would basically fulfil the need for this kind
> > of "provides" or "exposes" declaration?

Just to add a little note: C# (I'm not sure about the other .NET languages)
deals with this issue by adding a new access modifier, internal, that makes
the class/method/field/property visible by all classes in the same assembly.
Could this behavior be emulated using solely the manifest file?

Humberto S. N. dos Anjos