harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache Harmony / GNU Classpath
Date Wed, 11 May 2005 13:37:39 GMT
Dear Board and Incubator PMC,

Please read the Proposal[1] and the FAQ[2] for Apache Harmony. We'd
like to use GNU Classpath (pure java) for the class libraries. The
problems the way i see it is documented in this email[3]. Please
review all 3 items and provide guidance on *IF* the pmc/board is going
to allow us to go futher down this path and under what conditions. I
believe quite a few of us have built a great rapport with everyone
working on this from the FSF and other affiliations. Ideally we'd like
to get some help to review if the the GPL+Exception is acceptable and
the FSF folks explicitly mentioned on the harmony mailing lists that
they are willing to work with us on it.

Thanks,
dims

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-harmony-dev/200505.mbox/%3c3923A844-DEC5-4CC2-ADED-B1F144BB6AF5@apache.org%3e