harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Anthony Green <gr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Programmer Volunteering (sorry if I should read a FAQ before)
Date Fri, 13 May 2005 17:50:28 GMT
On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 13:15 -0300, Nilseu Padilha JMiB wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I am a cmomercial Systems Architect and would like to volunteer myself as a developer
to the Harmony  Project. Sorry if I should read any FAQ before, but I like to know how I could
contribute to the project.

I have some bad news and some good news for you.

The bad news is that there's no way for a developer to hack on Harmony
code, since there is none yet - and any decisions about what code there
might eventually be appears to be in the hands of law-talking people
(both professional and amateur).

The good news is that you can _still_ contribute to Open Source
implementations of the Java Programming Language by contributing to the
GNU Classpath project, which provides implementations of the core
libraries to dozens of free VM implementations (hopefully, this will
eventually include the Harmony project, but no guarantees yet).

Please point your browser at

  http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/faq/faq.html#faq3_1

Thanks!

AG