harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Wielaard <m...@klomp.org>
Subject Re: Apache Harmony / GNU Classpath
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 14:28:19 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 15:10 +0100, Ben Laurie wrote:
> Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> > Ben,
> >
> > There a few folks who think otherwise w.r.t to the Exception being
> > non-viral. This email was to get an official response from FSF in that
> > regard.
>
> True enough, though I don't think we've had a legal opinion either way.

Just to be clear. What are we exactly asking from whom?
Is there a specific question for the FSF about the current exception
statement that is not clear?
Or are why trying to draft a resolution for the Apache board to accept
the use of GNU Classpath as library under the current GPL + exception
statement?

The idea behind the exception statement we use for GNU Classpath is that
it can be used freely by other projects as is including Apache projects.
It would help if there was a specific point or question FSF legal could
respond to or clarify.

Thanks,

Mark