harmony-commits mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Gregory Shimansky (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Updated: (HARMONY-1984) [drlvm] GC allocation: overhead of block store is too high
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 15:40:25 GMT
     [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1984?page=all ]

Gregory Shimansky updated HARMONY-1984:
---------------------------------------

    Summary: [drlvm] GC allocation: overhead of block store is too high  (was: GC allocation:
overhead of block store is too high)

> [drlvm] GC allocation: overhead of block store is too high
> ----------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HARMONY-1984
>                 URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1984
>             Project: Harmony
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: DRLVM
>         Environment: Windows XP, P4 3000HT
>            Reporter: Alexander D Shipilov
>            Priority: Minor
>         Attachments: GCAllocationOverheadzip.zip
>
>
> Not a bug, compatibility issue.
> Test description:
>  Run class which allocates 128M array by several bytes arrays of different sizes with
initial heap size (-Xmx option) 130M. Check if OutOfMemoryError not thrown.
> That's a compatibility issue - RI passes this test.
> Steps for reproducing:
> Unzip attached file. It contains sources and classes of test.
> If you like to re-compile test, use command in cygwin:
> $ find dir -name "*.java"|xargs javac
> where dir - is a directory of test (org e.g.)
> To run test in cycle use command:
> $ ./java -classpath "./;./junit.jar;" -Xmx130m -Dorg.apache.harmony.test.share.stress.ReliabilityRunner.params="org.apache.harmony.test.stress.gc.mem.MemoryTest4.MemoryTest
{}" org.apache.harmony.test.share.stress.ReliabilityRunner
> where ./java - is a tested jvm (harmony), ./junit.jar; - is a full path to the junit.jar
> Result on RI:
> $ java -classpath "./;./junit.jar;" -Xmx130m -Dorg.apache.harmony.test.share.st
> ress.ReliabilityRunner.params="org.apache.harmony.test.stress.gc.mem.MemoryTest
> 4.MemoryTest {}" org.apache.harmony.test.share.stress.ReliabilityRunner
> [debug] started null(org.apache.harmony.test.share.stress.ReliabilityRunner)
> [debug] timeToWork = 100, timeToAbort = 600
> [debug] started null(org.apache.harmony.test.share.stress.generator.Thread)
> [debug] Thread.setContext { org.apache.harmony.test.stress.gc.mem.MemoryTest4.
> emoryTest {} }
> [debug] Starting 1 threads
> [debug] completed null(org.apache.harmony.test.share.stress.generator.Thread)
> [debug] ThreadToRun.run()
> [debug] Generator.execute()
> [debug] class = org.apache.harmony.test.stress.gc.mem.MemoryTest4.MemoryTest
> [debug] org.apache.harmony.test.stress.gc.mem.MemoryTest4.MemoryTest { }
> [debug] started test(org.apache.harmony.test.stress.gc.mem.MemoryTest4.MemoryTe
> t)
> [debug] completed test(org.apache.harmony.test.stress.gc.mem.MemoryTest4.Memory
> est)
> [debug] Tests completed greacefully
> [debug] completed null(org.apache.harmony.test.share.stress.ReliabilityRunner)
> [debug] TimeKeeper is interrupted
> [debug] Test passed, time = 860
> Result on Harmony:
> $ ./java -classpath "./;./junit.jar;" -Xmx130m -Dorg.apache.harmony.test.share.
> stress.ReliabilityRunner.params="org.apache.harmony.test.stress.gc.mem.MemoryTe
> st4.MemoryTest {}" org.apache.harmony.test.share.stress.ReliabilityRunner
> [debug] started null(org.apache.harmony.test.share.stress.ReliabilityRunner)
> [debug] timeToWork = 100, timeToAbort = 600
> [debug] started null(org.apache.harmony.test.share.stress.generator.Thread)
> [debug] Thread.setContext { org.apache.harmony.test.stress.gc.mem.MemoryTest4.M
> emoryTest {} }
> [debug] Starting 1 threads
> [debug] completed null(org.apache.harmony.test.share.stress.generator.Thread)
> [debug] ThreadToRun.run()
> [debug] Generator.execute()
> [debug] class = org.apache.harmony.test.stress.gc.mem.MemoryTest4.MemoryTest
> [debug] org.apache.harmony.test.stress.gc.mem.MemoryTest4.MemoryTest { }
> [debug] started test(org.apache.harmony.test.stress.gc.mem.MemoryTest4.MemoryTes
> t)
> [debug] OutOfMemoryError is thrown on iteration 1015. Total size = 133169152
> [error] in test(org.apache.harmony.test.stress.gc.mem.MemoryTest4.MemoryTest)
> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
> <no stack trace available>
> Harmony version:
> Apache Harmony Launcher : (c) Copyright 1991, 2006 The Apache Software Foundation or
its licensors, as applicable.
> java version "1.5.0"
> pre-alpha : not complete or compatible
> svn = r467316, (Oct 27 2006), Windows/ia32/msvc 1310, release build
> http://incubator.apache.org/harmony

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators: http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message