hama-user mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Could hama start next computation after all vertexes vote to halt?
Date Sat, 13 Feb 2016 19:52:48 GMT
Sorry for late reply. I'm not sure but it's impossible with current
APIs. Basically no messages and inactivated vertices are job
termination condition by default.

If there's a clear example that shows how combining two jobs into one
is useful, we can consider to add it as a new feature.

Thanks!

On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 5:54 PM, 步青云 <mailliuping@qq.com> wrote:
> Hi,     I want to use hama to run a job, which is consist of two phase.
>     The first phase try to find proper neighbors. The vertex execute voteToHalt() method
when it doesn't receive any message. When all vertexes vote to halt, the first phase finished.
>     Then the second phase starts based on the result of the first phase. The output of
the first phase is the input of the first phase.
>     Now I use two hama tasks to finish these two phase. While I think it's unnecessary
to output the result and then read it. I want to finish these two phase in one hama task.
How could I do this?

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon